Sunday, August 28, 2011

Will She Host?

My Clownfish has not hosted or even shown interest in my new rose anemone. While my clown has probably never had a host, I have read many stories and tips from people including to feed the anemone some Brine or Mysis shrimp. The theory is that the clown will see the food and sneak in for a peek. Once there, she will realize what the anemone is, and make itself at home. Sounds easy enough. I tried it. Nothing. Well, not nothing, at least the Rose Anemone got a nice little meal.

I've also read on a few forums about posting pictures of Clownfish hosting in anemones. Okay, that's a bit unconventional... I don't really buy it. I'll keep reading and looking for something else...

Well, post after post on several sites and forums seemed to back up this picture method, and I was finally inspired to give it a try. I founds some good color pictures at Rem'sReef.com. You can read about the success he had in his blog post, "Adding a Picture Does Get Clownfish to Host!"

I've printed the pictures and taped them to my tank. My Clownfish has responded so far by hiding in the back of the tank behind the rock work. While I have no idea if this will work or if my clown will ever host at all, what do I have to lose?

I'll keep you posted! Until next time...

2 comments:

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mallerie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.