Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's been a month...

A month has passed since my last update. Here's a run down of what's happened:

I added some more fish this week:
  • Copper Banded Butterfly
  • 5x additional Chromis
  • Royal Gramma
  • 1x additional tiger conch
I moved my yellow tang to a quarantine tank as he was relentlessly harassing the CBB. I kind of expected this being the nature of the fish and my smaller aquarium, so I may have found him a new home in case things don't work out here.
In the past months, I have also added some more frags including some favita and favites, some acans, and some zoas.





Moved the rock work again. I'm a little happier with how it looks, but too many coral have attached and grown for me to completely start moving pieces. I had turned the lights off for several days to fight algae and some cyano problems. It worked, however I stressed out my tank when the lights came out. Some coral lost color, and my coralline has receded. I've reduced the light hours even further, and lifted the light higher above the water surface. Today, my zoas looked great.
I've decided I may have too many coral in my tank. I'm going to stop adding coral left and right, leave my tank alone, and really keep an eye on my parameters and try to keep things more consistent so that my coral can grow in and start to fill up the tank. I'll keep posting progress as it happens...

I'll wrap up my post with some macro shots I took while messing around with my camera...
 
 Until next time...