Monday, March 11, 2013

There's always a little room for freshwater

Reef tanks are beautiful and challenging, but I've always had a soft spot for freshwater aquaria and fish. While picking up some dog food, I made a trip to the oh so familiar fish section ("pet care") of PetSmart.

The Beta fish has always been one of my favorite fish, and it's been a while since I had a Betta. I was easily persuaded into taking home a new friend...

Jasper the Betta, rocking the 1.2 gallon

And we needed to add some more fish to add to the 18 gallon freshwater aquarium in the family room. I saw some Bolivian Ram Cichlids and had to get a pair. We also got a few Red Wag Platties.

Bolivian Ram Cichlids

Freshwater aquariums can be quite colorful and interesting too. While not a reef tank, freshwater aquariums can still be interesting and fun.

 



Red Wag Platties
Until next time...

No comments: