Thursday, January 19, 2012

Heater Off!

Well the power went out briefly on Monday, and somehow my heater was turned off. All other devices were fine, except the heater. Unfortunately for my coral and fishes, I didn't realize the aquarium was so cold until today. When I noticed the problem, it was at 69 degrees. In fact, I only thought to check the temperature after I put my hand in the tank to target feed my coral.



After checking the graph of the temperature, it looks like there is only a couple of days of data showing, indicating the power loss we briefly experienced on Monday. Going forward, I think I'll change the default status of the heater to "ON", and I'll make sure to check the temperature more often. While there is no loss yet, my Maxi-mini Anemone and my Torch Coral are looking unhappy. I'll keep an eye on this closely.