Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Protein Skimmer!

Sneak peak of my new Reef Octopus 6 In Sump Pinwheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate.


More information to follow...

**UPDATE: 8:58 P.M. - The skimmer has been installed. It's too soon to write a review, but it looks very promising! The assembly was simple, and it's making lots of tiny bubbles since the install. The skimmer body is sturdy and constructed of quality acrylic. I can't wait to see how it skims!

Installation wise, it was a little taller than the room I had available in my sump, so I had to remove the drawer from my tank stand. I'll have to find some way to create a fake drawer to cover the opening. The skimmer fit nicely into my 20 gallon long DIY sump's middle chamber. I don't see many micro bubbles leaving the skimmer, but I designed my sump to have a bubble trap just in case.

Here's just a few pictures I took...

I'll write a complete product review after the skimmer has a chance to break in! Until next time, keep on reefing...

No comments: