Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's RO Wednesday!

Payday comes but twice a month, and what better way to celebrate pay day than buying gear for the tank! I needed a new color changing DI cartridge, but why stop there?

Flush valveI bought a TDS meter (total dissolved solid) and a flush valve kit. The TDS meter will allow me to monitor the total dissolved solids of the incoming city water and my final product water. The flush valve kit is a simple device that allows me to bypass the flow restrictor, allowing water to flow faster through the TFC membrane. Flushing your TFC membrane will help extend the life, so hopefully I can get 3 years out of the membrane. Time (and my TDS meter) will tell.

TDS meterAfter the install, the TDS is reading around 460 tds going into the RO/DI unit (good ol' city water) and reading 0 tds coming out (like mountain spring, but better). Allow me to jump on the bandwagon: "Winning"... Yeah, I said it. It's my blog: I do what I want!!!

Next update: A new fish, coral, and a clam are currently in route for delivery tomorrow. I'll post pictures of the new arrivals after they are all here!

No comments: